Callysto is a free, interactive, online learning platform that is designed to help students strengthen their computational thinking, coding and data science skills. Here, we’ve listed eight essential reasons why every teacher should attend a Callytso workshop.
1. You are inspiring Canada’s digital leaders of tomorrow. In the future, everyone will need to know how our digital world works, not just the engineers and computer programmers. Kids who understand the concepts of coding, data science and computational thinking will be in a better position to become Canada’s 21st Century digital leaders.
2. You will learn something new. Callysto workshops offer you a chance to practice a new skill (such as beyond block coding and Python), but also how to easily incorporate real-world data science applications into the classroom. Your friends and colleagues will think you have magical computing powers compared to them.
3. Learn how to teach computational thinking to your students. Computational thinking combines mathematics, logic and algorithms, and teaches you a new way to think about the world. This will be valuable for students for any kind of problem-solving they do in the future – from solving a math problem to planning a birthday party.
4. It aligns with many province’s new curriculum. Computational thinking and advanced STEM skills into several province’s curricula. Callysto exposes students to these very concepts through our various multi-modal curriculum models.
5. We bring the learning to you! You can check to see if there is an upcoming workshop in your area, or ask us to come to your school to train you and your colleagues.
6. You will be inspired – Teachers who have attended our workshops have continued to trial this platform on their own, and begun incorporating it into their classrooms. (Learn how one grade six class in Alberta is using Callysto to analyze climate data and government spending).
7. It’s free and accessible! Callysto is a free, interactive, curriculum-based learning and skill development tool — think of the future “interactive textbook” — that can be accessed from any device with an internet connection.
8. Hands-on help. Have you met Richard yet? If not, go here and read more about him here. He is just one of our workshop facilitators who are focused on making this a GREAT experience for you! And we have a large team of developers willing to work with you on new module ideas.
Watch our website for new learning opportunities.