From all of us at Callysto: happy holidays! Thank you for continuing to support what we do. We’re passionate about helping teachers use Callysto to provide their students with the skills they need for the digital workforce – coding, computational thinking, and digital literacy.
- We received funding from the federal government to take Callysto across Canada.
- We trained and provided resources to over 380 teachers and 11,000 students in Canada.
- We’ve begun hosting student hackathons that’ll provide students Callysto training and showcase how they can start using open data.
- We launched the Callysto Call For Proposals and awarded our first intake of applicants. This initiative will grow the Callysto partner network and engage teachers and students across Canada.
- We’re beta-testing the Callysto online course and will release it early in the new year.
- We continue to develop free Jupyter notebook learning resources, which can be found on our website. To date, our most popular notebook has been Shakespeare and Statistics.
Phase 2 Call for Proposals deadline
We’re accepting proposals for our February 15, 2020 deadline!
If you’re a Grades 5-12 teacher in Canada, the Call for Proposals is an opportunity to get funding to support computational thinking activities in your classroom. For example, you could submit a proposal for the Callysto team to host an “open data hackathon” workshop for your students or colleagues. Head to our Call for Proposals page for more details.
Callysto holiday hours
The Callysto team will be on holidays from December 23, 2019 – January 2, 2020. If you’d like to get in touch with us beforehand, feel free to email us at email@example.com. Otherwise, we’ll see you in the new year!
Happy holidays and all the best in 2020!
The Callysto Team