The Callysto project is creating ways for Grades 5-12 students and teachers in Canada to learn data science skills – this includes data analysis, visualization, and coding. Data science is becoming an in-demand workforce skill; our goal is to help prepare teachers and students for the workforce of tomorrow.
To offer teachers on-demand data science training, which includes ways to integrate it into their curriculum in all subject areas, we’re developing a free, online data science course for Grades 5-12 teachers.
As we’re designing parts of the course, we’re looking for teacher feedback – this will help us make the best course possible. If you’re a Grades 5-12 teacher in Canada and want to integrate data science into your classroom, sign-up to be a course-tester! You’ll join a select group of teachers giving input on the course, which will be offered on a nation-wide scale once complete.
What’s involved in testing the course
Our course developer, Onlea, will work alongside course-testers. Here’s what you can expect:
- Onlea will reach out to book a 30-minute phone call with you. The purpose is to discuss the course material and learn more about your online learning needs and preferences.
- You’ll be sent excerpts of the course to help with key stages of development and will be asked to complete two to three feedback surveys from Onlea. These may be email forms or a short online chat.
- A total time commitment of around three hours, spread over three months. Onlea will work around your schedule.
What the course will cover
- Data science basics (what it is and why it’s important).
- Practical ways to integrate data science into your curriculum.
- Tools and techniques to find data sets, create data visualizations, and analyze data.
Sign-up to test the course
To become a course-tester, complete our Google form.
The information you submit is only visible to you and Onlea. It won’t be disclosed to any other party or used for other purposes.
If you have any questions about becoming a course-tester, email email@example.com.
Teachers, thank you in advance for helping us bring data science to classrooms across Canada! We look forward to your input on the course.